Another Great Reason to Take Care of Your Feet: It’s Sandal Season!
Summer Heat Means the Focus is on Feet!
The blistering hot temperatures lately have many of us racing for the shade and slipping off our shoes and socks. When you look at your bare feet, are they the healthy? Or do you notice:
- yellowish-brown toenails (you may have a fungal nail infection)
- painful, red, swollen and pus-filled blisters around a toenail or two (these are common symptoms of ingrown toenails)
- thick, dead skin (often calluses)
- redness, cracking and itching between the toes (you may have athlete’s foot)
- cuts or wounds that won’t heal (need further investigation and treatment, especially if you are living with diabetes)
- patches of skin with black dots in the center (could be plantar warts)
These are just a few of the things that can go wrong with our feet. Poor feet! Luckily you know the Werkman Chiropody team in Oakville, Ontario. We are here to help you get the most out of summer, and your feet! If you have concerns about your feet, please book an appointment for routine footcare (and if you’re new to us, a consultation) so you can experience caring hands for happy feet!