Vanessa Pontet graduated from the University of Toronto in 1996 with a B.Sc (Hons) and has completed her Chiropody training at The Michener Institute. Vanessa has been a part of the chiropody profession since 1997.
Vanessa began working at OTMH for the first five years of her chiropody career. In this clinical setting, she built up vast amounts of experience from treating a diverse patient population and was an integral member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team. She routinely provided diabetic footcare talks in the diabetic center as well as diabetic foot screenings.
After her time at OTMH, Vanessa decided to focus on her private practice and has been providing exceptional footcare for over 22 years. She excels in delivering the utmost care to her patients and is committed to determining their treatment plans to ensure peak mobility. Vanessa has also been part of the Runner’s Goals professional care team for almost 20 years. She enjoys the challenge of keeping many of her patients, elite athletes, in their best possible shape for their training and sporting events.
Continuing education is important to Vanessa, so she annually attends Podiatric conferences to keep up to date on the advances in the podiatric field.
Vanessa is available to assess and treat sports-related injuries, various other foot-related issues, including ingrown toenails and plantar warts, and provide custom, prescription orthotics. She is passionate about foot care and displays an attention to detail for each of her patients. Vanessa enjoys the challenge of delivering the best possible care to relieve pain and prevent it from reoccurring.
- University of Toronto– B.Sc (Hons)
- Michener Institute of Applied Sciences Chiropody Program
- Ontario Chiropody Program Certified in Local Anesthesia and Nail Surgery
- Certified Sigvaris Compression Therapy Fitter
- Annual Heart & Stroke – Basic Life Support (BLS) (CPR and AED) recertification
- Annual CPR (C) re-certification
- Annual Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine Conferences (1999 – present)
- Biannual University of Toronto Foot & Ankle Symposium (1997 – present)
- Dermatology – Valeant Canada (2014)
- Dermascope Dermatology Conference (2015)
- Canadian Association of Wound Care – Advances for the Management of Diabetic Foot Complications (2001)
- Midwestern Podiatry Conference – Chicago (2011 – 2013)
- Ontario Society of Chiropodists (OSC) Annual Conferences (1997 – present)
- Forefoot Cadaver Surgery – The University of Toronto (2002 – 2006)
- Biomechanics of the Foot and Lower Extremities – CFPM (1997 – present)
- Paris Laboratory Orthotic Seminars
- Low-Intensity Laser Therapy MedX
- Swifter Laser Certification (2019)
- Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine (CFPM)
- The Ontario Society of Chiropodists (OSC)
- Vanessa is fluent in Spanish