Here’s Why “Healthy Feet” Should Top the List of Goals for 2020!
By mid-February, 80% of “New Year’s resolutions” will have failed. The most common resolutions are exercise more, lose weight, get organized, learn a new skill, save money, and that’s just the beginning.
This year, please be kind to your feet. Set yourself up for success by starting with the foundation for life – your feet! Taking good care of your feet will contribute to your success in other areas. Feet are often overlooked when it comes to health because we take them for granted. That is until something goes wrong.
How to Keep Feet Healthy
- See your Chiropodist for regular foot health check-ups and nail care. Try booking your appointments in advance for the first six months of 2020, the same way you do for other health professionals like dentists, doctors, audiologists, vision care, and other specialists
- Let your Chiropodist know about any foot pain, pain in lower extremities, or foot problems/features you find embarrassing, such as fungal nail, athlete’s foot, bunions, Plantar warts, etc. Meet the Werkman, Boven & Associates team!
- Ask questions about treatment options
- If you’re living with diabetes, pay special attention to your feet
- Wash your feet with soap and water every day
- Dry your feet carefully, especially between the toes
- Don’t walk barefoot in public places (fitness centres, swimming pools, yoga studios, etc.)
- Wear clean socks and footwear that fits properly. Fit and comfort are important to your well-being. Ask your Chiropodist for suggestions on footwear for exercise regime.
Footcare Concerns and Conditions Your Chiropodist Can Help With:
- Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Athlete’s Foot
- Claw/Hammer Toes
- Custom Made Orthotics
- Diabetic Foot Care & Education
- Flat Feet / High Arches
- Foot Ulcers & Wounds
- Fungal Nails
- Heel Fissures
- Heel/Arch/Knee/Foot Pain
- Hyperhidrosis/Sweaty Feet or Bromhidrosis/Foul Smelling Feet
- Ingrown Toenails
- Magnetic Biostimulation – Relief of Pain and Inflammation
- Nail Fungus Treatment
- Nail Restoration (Keryflex)
- Nail Surgery and Injections
- Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain)
- Plantar Warts
- Routine Foot care
- Shin Splints
- SIGVARIS® Compression Socks and Stocking Therapy (support veins, increase circulation, reduce swelling and the feeling of tired, achy legs)
- Sports Related Foot Problems
- Sprains & Strains
- Swift Treatment for Plantar Warts
- Shock Wave Therapy (non-invasive, fast and effective treatment for foot pain)
- Thick Nails
- Total Contact Casting & Off-loading Devices (for ulcers and wounds)
- VOXX Socks and Insoles
We invite you to learn more about all of the foot related conditions, footcare products, and complementary services we offer in our Oakville Foot Clinic.
Book an appointment with your Chiropodist today and look forward to putting your best feet forward and achieving all your goals for 2020.