How to Prepare Your Feet for Sandal Season!
Sandal season is right around the corner. It’s (nearly) time to kick up your feet and surrender your shoes and boots to open toed footwear. Will you and your family be ready?
Taking Care of Your Feet
Routine Foot Care is more important than ever! Wondering what’s in it for you? At Werkman, Boven & Associates we’ll take care of your feet by:
- cutting your toenails
- thinning down thickened toenails
- debriding (removing dead or damaged tissue) corns or calluses
- exfoliating your skin, if needed
- monitoring and mapping of moles and warts (existing and new)
- applying a moisturizer, if you’d like
Your feet will then be polish-ready. We have a wonderful selection of Dr.’s REMEDY Nail Polish products in our Oakville Foot and Orthotic Clinic.
What’s so great about Dr.’s REMEDY?
Dr.’s REMEDY is organic vegan nail polish infused with tea tree oil, biotin, garlic extract, wheat protein, Vitamin C, and lavender. Dr.’s REMEDY offers 45 different shades of nail color along with base coats, top coats, and moisturizing nail treatments. Want to know what’s missing? Dr.’s REMEDY products do not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, TPHP or Phthalate.
How to Foil Fungal Nails
A fungal infection of the nail is called onychomycosis. Mild infections don’t always produce symptoms, that’s why routine foot care is so important. You may not recognize the signs of a fungal nail infection, but your Chiropodist will and they will educate you in terms of prevention and resolution.
Treatment Options for Fungal Nail Infections
- Lunula Laser. The only touchless, painless solution for onychomycosis, that promises no pain, no downtime, and no risk! Learn more about Lunula Laser
- Topical antifungal topical medication like Formula 3. For your convenience, we stock Formula 3 in our clinic
- Oral medication prescribed by your family physician
Don’t let sandal season pass you by! Get started by booking your routine foot care appointment today!