Feet are designed to carry us to the places we want to go and support us while working hard to earn a living or care for those we love. For those of us on our feet all day, working inside or outdoors, our feet can take a real pounding. It is important to take care of our feet so that they can continue to take care of us!
Prevention of Foot Issues
Prevention is always best. Regularly check your feet for signs of corns, calluses, warts, discoloured or brittle nails, unexplained cuts or fissures, and sore or reddened toes, especially around the nails. These are all signs that something is going on. If you are experiencing any of these conditions, book a foot care appointment with your chiropodist, who is an expert in foot health.
Don’t be shy or embarrassed about your foot condition. Click the link to see some of the common foot conditions and everyday foot problems patients discuss with Chiropodists. We have treatment options available.
Proper Foot Hygiene & Nail Trimming Keep Your Feet Healthy!
- Carefully wash your feet daily with mild soap and water and thoroughly dry, especially in-between your toes
- Moisturize your feet (not between your toes), especially during the winter
- Change your socks daily
- Trim your toenails straight across, not curved in at the sides of the nails
- If you live with diabetes, use a mirror or ask someone to carefully check your feet every day. See a Chiropodist for specialized footcare. Learn more about Diabetic Footcare & Education
- Be cautious when having pedicures away from home. Proper sterilization techniques are of utmost importance to ensure you do not contract a disease, fungal infection or warts. Always take your own base coat, colour and top coat for nails.
“I still have my feet on the ground. I just wear better shoes” – Oprah
Wear supportive footwear
Supportive, well-cushioned footwear that keeps our feet protected, dry and comfortable in all weather is essential for everyday foot health.
- Alternate your footwear each day. This allows shoes to dry properly in-between wearing
- Don’t wear tight or uncomfortable shoes. These can cause a myriad of foot problems
- When purchasing new footwear, carefully consider the shoe or boot’s style/design, the width of the toe-box, overall support, and heel height. Choose comfort and function over flair
- For those working outside, consider lightweight, supportive work boots that offer ISO certified protection. Your Chiropodist will expertly measure your feet and recommend a pair that fits your needs. They will carefully consider the conditions of use (i.e. in a warehouse or on a tarmac), the width (i.e. narrow or extra wide) and the necessity of a removable foot bed in case of orthotics. Book an appointment with your chiropodist today!
Foot Pain is Not Normal
Don’t ignore pain. Pain is your body’s way of telling you something is wrong. Listen to your body and take action when aches and pains occur. Your chiropodist is professionally trained to uncover the root cause of foot pain and help you find relief! We offer a variety of treatments:
Contact us or visit our website for more information on foot issues and pain resolution. We’re conveniently located in Oakville on Cornwall Road between Morrison Road and Maple Grove Drive. We serve patients in and around the GTA, including Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Milton and Toronto.