Healthy feet are an important part of overall good health. The bones in your feet make up about one quarter of all the bones in your body. Taking simple steps will help you maintain happy, healthy feet for a lifetime.
What YOU can do:
- wash and inspect your feet daily
- choose appropriate footwear for every day, sports and recreation
- make sure your footwear fits in both length and width and feels comfortable
- replace footwear that no longer supports your feet
- exercise regularly to control weight, improve circulation and muscle tone
- carefully manage diabetes and other conditions that affect the feet
- book regular foot check-ups by a Registered Chiropodist
What WE can do:
During your first appointment with us, we’ll ask you lifestyle and other medical questions that will help us get to know you, your feet and understand your current concerns and needs. Your feet will be in caring hands. You can download our Patient Information Form.
Initial foot care check-ups include:
- comprehensive foot, nail, skin and ankle exam
- assessing range of motion, gait analysis, circulation, sensation, colour, along with digital photos of both your feet
- mapping of lesions (corns, calluses, moles and warts)
- diabetic foot screening (if required)
- presentation and discussion of treatment options (including immediate treatment if applicable)
Routine Foot Care Appointments
- toenail cutting and thinning down thickened toenail(s) (if required)
- debriding corn or callus (if required)
- monitoring of existing moles and warts
- mapping of new moles and warts
Hop on over to all the foot-related conditions we can help you with! Enjoy life to the fullest. Make your footcare appointment today.