How many categories do foot and ankle problems typically fall into?
- Acquired from improper footwear, physical stress, or small mechanical changes within the foot.
- Arthritic foot problems, which typically involve one or more joints.
- Congenital foot problems, which occur at birth and are generally inherited.
- Infectious foot problems, which are caused by bacterial, viral, or fungal problems.
- Traumatic foot problems, which are associated with foot and ankle injuries, such as fractures.
- Neoplastic disorders, also known as tumors, which are the result of abnormal growth of tissue anywhere on the foot and may be benign or malignant. Read more about neoplastic disorders here.
Don’t let foot and ankle problems ruin your summer! See yourChiropodist today!