Our Infection Prevention and Control Initiatives
We are dedicated to following Best Practices established by The Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion (Public Health Ontario). This Crown corporation is dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, Public Health Ontario links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world. Best Practices are intended for health care providers to ensure that the critical elements and methods of decontamination, disinfection and sterilization are incorporated into health care facility procedures. We care about your safety!
Sterilization has been updated to IPAC requirements
Our Sterilization Room and Sterilization Process:
- We have a separate room designated for the sterilization of instruments using an assembly-line process to ensure that dirty instruments are never mixed with sterilized instruments.
- As used instruments come in, they are brushed and rinsed, placed in an ultrasonic cleaner, dried and packaged into special sterilization pouches, then sterilized in an autoclave using steam and pressure.
- Both the Biological Indicators (BI) test and the process challenge device (PCD) with a Class V indicator are used in sterilization batches to confirm sterilization.
- Sterilization batch numbers are tracked in each patient chart to ensure patient safety as per Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) guidelines.
- Sterilizers are maintained and serviced as per the manufacturer guidelines.
- Staff members responsible for sterilization are fully trained on Public Health Ontario best practices/guidelines and complete a mandatory 9-module training course in IPAC Sterilization. In addition, third-party sterilization audits are regularly performed to ensure complete compliance with the latest best practices and guidelines.
All of Our Treatment Rooms Feature…
- Clean and disinfected space
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Treatment chairs that are fully adjustable for each patient’s comfort
- Single-use and/or sterilized instruments specifically designed for footcare
Enjoy healthy feet for life! Book your Oakville footcare appointment today!
Maintaining healthy feet starts with you and continues by seeing your Chiropodist for regular footcare checkups. Book your footcare appointment today.