Treatment Options to Get Rid of Warts
Even the word, “wart” sounds unpleasant! Having a wart can be a source of embarrassment, even if you don’t know what a wart actually is or looks like.
A wart is a small growth that can appear anywhere on the body. Plantar warts affect the feet.
Plantar warts are viral infections. On the bottom of the foot, they may appear flat. This is because of pressure on the foot when walking. Typically, they are hard and flat with a rough surface. Warts that appear on the top of the foot or toes are typically raised and are fleshier in appearance.
Treatment Options for Foot Warts
Warts can be removed with/by:
- Topical chemicals, usually 40-60% salicylic acid. Over the counter products have a lower percentage of salicylic acid than what we offer in our Oakville Foot Clinic.
- Freezing (cryotherapy), which is safe, but may be too painful for children to tolerate.
- NEW! Microwave Therapy system called Swift.
Benefits of Swift Microwave Therapy for the Removal of Warts
- Shorter treatment times
- Precise targeting
- Thoroughly tested technology
- Disposable applicator tips
Watch a video to learn more about how Swift Microwave Therapy works. Book your wart removal and foot care check up appointment today.
- The month of May is Foot Health Awareness Month. Watch our blog for helpful information on how you can maintain healthy feet for life!
Follow us on Social Media to learn more about healthy feet for life!
From everyone here at Werkman, Boven & Associates in Oakville, thank you!