What to Expect at your First Chiropody Appointment
Professional Footcare – Initial Visit Consultation and Treatment.
Your first appointment is a combination of a “let’s get to know each other”, consultation and treatment. Your Chiropodist wants to learn what’s important to you, your goals, and lifestyle.
A medical history and consent form is completed by the patient and you’ll review everything with your Chiropodist. You can download and complete the form before you arrive at your appointment if you wish. Werkman-Boven-New-Patient-Form
A complete examination and assessment of your feet is conducted, looking for and checking:
- lesions – corns, calluses, warts, moles, wounds, ulcers
- range of motion/gait analysis (foot function), circulation, sensation, colour
- digital photos of both your feet are taken
Treatment options are then presented and discussed, along with your questions answered and next steps decided.
Routine footcare is most often covered by Extended Health Insurance– under the heading Paramedical Services. Most insurance policies allow for $500 per calendar or benefit year for chiropody or podiatry services. Check your coverage!
Why See a Chiropodist?
To keep your feet healthy it’s recommended that you book a Chiropody appointment every season! At Werkman, Boven & Associates, we’ll help you with:
- Pain relief! See all of the foot and foot related conditions we treat.
- Comprehensive foot exams and treatment options
- Diabetic Footcare – including treatment for ulcers and wounds. We also offer Total Contact Casting services so you don’t have to travel to downtown Toronto for treatment
- Custom-made Rx orthotics for sports and every day comfort
- Treatments for Plantar warts and fungal nails
- Ingrown nail surgery and Cortisone injections for pain relief
Book your Oakville Chiropody appointment today. We’re looking forward to meeting you.