What a Chiropodist Does
Chiropodists are registered professionals providing foot and nail care. Being a Registered Chiropodist means the professional is licensed under the Chiropody Act with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
In addition to being registered for routine and specialized footcare, J. Richard (Rick) Werkman, successfully completed his B.Sc. Podiatric Medicine with electives focusing on the areas of Sports Medicine and Injuries, Microbiology and Podopharmacology.Rick is also Licensed for Nail Surgery, Local Anesthesia, and Injections to the foot.
Rick Werkman has been a part of the chiropody/podiatry profession since 1991 and provides comprehensive foot and nail care such as:
- Arthritis, joint pain, sprains and strains
- Sports related foot problems
- Diabetic footcare, ulcers and wounds
- High arches, flat fleet and custom orthotics
- Bunions, corns, calluses, plantar warts
- Thick, fungal, and ingrown nails
- Click to see the extensive range of treatments offered for foot related conditions.
Learn more about Rick Werkman and the team at the Oakville Foot & Orthotic Clinic, then book your appointment with confidence!